To facilitate meaningful discussions during your retrospectives, we've compiled a list of 28 best Agile retrospective questions. These questions are categorized to help you capture what went well, identify areas for improvement, brainstorm ideas, prioritize action items, and reflect on the retrospective itself.
List: 28 Best Agile Retrospective Questions
1. For capturing what went well
- What surprised you this sprint?
- What went really well this sprint?
- What are you grateful for from this sprint?
- What were some of your personal highlights from this sprint?
- What did you learn during this sprint that will help you in the future?
2. For identifying areas for improvement
- What could we have done better this sprint?
- What impediments did we encounter during this sprint?
- What are we doing that is not working well?
- What could we have done differently to achieve our goals?
- What are some of the challenges we faced this sprint?
3. For brainstorming ideas for improvement:
- What are some small changes we could make to improve our process?
- What are some new tools or techniques we could try?
- How can we improve communication and collaboration within the team?
- What can we do to build on our successes from this sprint?
- How can we make our work environment more enjoyable and productive?
4. For prioritizing action items:
- Which of these improvements are most important to us?
- What are the most feasible changes we can make?
- What resources do we need to make these changes happen?
- How can we track our progress and measure the impact of our changes?
- What are the potential risks and challenges of implementing these changes?
5. For reflecting on the retrospective:
- What did we learn from this retrospective?
- What are we committed to doing differently in the next sprint?
- How will we track our progress and make sure we follow through on our commitments?
- What are some ways to make our retrospectives even more valuable?
6. The 4 Essential Questions
The 4 essential questions for a sprint retrospective are:
- What went well?
- What could we have done better?
- What are we going to do differently next time?
- Is there anything else we need to discuss?
These questions are designed to help the team reflect on their work during the sprint, identify areas for improvement, and make commitments to change.
They are a simple and effective way to ensure that retrospectives are focused, productive, and action-oriented.
Our curated list of 28 Agile retrospective questions is designed to enhance your team's reflections and actions. They focus on celebrating successes, addressing challenges, and fostering continuous improvement. Use these questions to drive meaningful change and guide your team forward.